Last Updated: January 2021
COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may collect personal information when you:
- Create an account
- Use one of our products or services
- Sign-up to receive marketing emails
- Participate in our surveys or research projects
- Make purchases or returns
- Contact us with a comment, question or complaint
- Visit the Website
Create an Account: You do not have to register to visit or use our Website. However, if you choose to create an account to use OptiSolve’s Pathfinder surface imaging technology (“Pathfinder”), we require certain information, such as your business name, first and last name, email address, postal code, phone number and a password that you create. We use this information to create and administer your account. We strongly recommend that you use a long and unique password, and that you do not disclose your password to anyone. We will never ask you for your password in any unsolicited communication (such as letters, phone calls or email messages). If you become aware of any unauthorized access to or use of your account, you must notify us immediately.
Marketing Communications: If you sign-up to receive email marketing communications such as our newsletter, we collect your name and email address. You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link included at the bottom of each email. Alternatively, you can opt-out of receiving email marketing communications by contacting us at the contact information provided in the “Contact Us” section below. Please note that you may continue to receive transactional or account-related communications from us.
Surveys and Research: From time to time, we may offer you the opportunity to participate in one of our surveys or other research projects. The information obtained through our surveys and customer research is used in an aggregated, non-personally identifiable form to help us understand our customers and to enhance our product and service offerings.
Contacting OptiSolve: When you contact us with a comment, question or complaint through email, telephone, or the contact us form on our Website, you may be asked for information that identifies you, such as your name, and email address, along with additional information we need to help us promptly answer your question or respond to your comment. We may retain this information to assist you in the future and to improve our customer service and service offerings.
Technical and usage information. We also collect certain technical and usage information when you use our Sites, such as the type of device, browser, and operating system you are using, your Internet service provider or mobile carrier, unique device identifier, IDFA or IDFV, MAC address, IP address, device and browser settings, the webpages and mobile apps you use, advertisements you see and interact with, and certain Site usage information. See our Cookies and Other Technical Information section for more information on how we may use these technologies to collect this Information.
INFORMATION ABOUT OUR WEBSITE
- Visiting our Website: In general, you can visit our Website without telling us who you are or submitting any personal information. However, we collect the IP (Internet protocol) addresses of all visitors to our Website and other related information such as page requests, browser type, operating system and average time spent on our Website. We use this information to help us understand our Website activity and to monitor and improve our Website.
- Cookies: Our Website uses a technology called “cookies”. A cookie is a tiny element of data that our Website sends to a user’s browser, which may then be stored on the user’s hard drive so that we can recognize the user’s computer or device when they return. You may set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie or to not accept certain cookies. However, if you decide not to accept cookies from our Website, you may not be able to take advantage of all of the Website features.
- Analytics: We may use a third party such as Google Analytics to help us gather and analyze information about the areas visited on the Website (such as the pages most read, time spent, search terms and other engagement data) in order to evaluate and improve the user experience and the Website. For more information or to opt-out using the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on, see “How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps” and “Google Analytics and Privacy”.
- Third Party Links: Our Website may contain links to other websites, including social media sites, which may have privacy policies that differ from our own. We are not responsible for the collection, use or disclosure of information collected through third-party websites and expressly disclaim any liability related to such collection, use or disclosure. We are not responsible for any information or content contained on such sites. Links to other websites are provided solely as a convenience. Your browsing, use and interaction on any other websites are subject to that website’s own rules and policies.
We work with third-parties such as ad networks and other advertising companies that use their own tracking technologies (including cookies and pixel tags) on our Website in order to provide you with tailored advertisements across the Internet. These companies may collect information about your activity on our Website and third-party websites (such as web pages you visit and your interaction with our advertising and other communications) and use this information to make predictions about your preferences, develop personalized content and deliver ads that are more relevant to you on third party websites. This information may also be used to evaluate our online advertising campaigns.
Opting-out of Interest-Based Advertising: For more information about interest-based advertising and to understand your options, including how you can opt-out of receiving behavioural ads from third-party advertising companies participating in the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada, please visit the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada website at http://youradchoices.ca/choices.
Please note that even if you opt-out of interest-based advertising by a third party, these tracking technologies may still collect data for other purposes including analytics and you will still see ads from us, but the ads will not be targeted based on behavioural information about you and may therefore be less relevant to you and your interests.
To successfully opt out, you must have cookies enabled in your web browser (see your browser’s instructions for information on cookies and how to enable them). Your opt-out only applies to the web browser you use so you must opt-out of each web browser on each computer you use. Once you opt out, if you delete your browser’s saved cookies, you will need to opt-out again.
SAFEGUARDS AND RETENTION
We have implemented reasonable administrative, technical and physical measures in an effort to safeguard the personal information in our custody and control against theft, loss and unauthorized access, use, modification and disclosure. We restrict access to personal information on a need-to-know basis to employees and authorized service providers who require access to fulfil their job requirements.
We have record retention processes designed to retain personal information for no longer than necessary for the purposes set out herein or as otherwise required to meet legal or business requirements.
- If you have signed-up to receive our email communications, you can unsubscribe any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link included at the bottom of the email. Alternatively, you can opt-out of receiving our marketing communications by contacting us at the contact information under “Contact Us” below.
- To opt-out of interest-based advertising, see the “Interest-Based Advertising” section above.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
Subject to limited exceptions under applicable law, you have the right to access, update and correct inaccuracies in your personal information in our custody and control. You may request access, updating and corrections of inaccuracies in your personal information in our custody or control by emailing or writing to us at the contact information set out below. We may request certain personal information for the purpose of verifying the identity of the individual seeking access to his or her personal information records.
We operate internationally, and many of our computer systems are currently based in the United States, this means Information we collect will be processed by us or our affiliates or service providers in the U.S. where data protection and privacy regulations may not offer the same level of protection as Canada.