January 31, 2020
Coronavirus (COVID-19) is an enveloped virus that can cause a range of symptoms including:• Running nose, cough, sore throat, and fever
• Some symptoms are mild and can be similar to the common cold
• Other symptoms are more likely to lead to pneumonia
• The virus is usually spread through direct contact with an infected person
• There is a total of seven Coronaviruses that can infect humans.
• Some well-know Coronaviruses are SARS (Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome) and MERS (Middle East Respiratory Syndrome).
The new virus is called COVID-19. It is unclear how exactly it spreads from person to person, but the CDC recommends that anyone who may have been exposed to the illness monitor themselves for 14 days after close contact with an infected person.
Protect yourself and others from getting sick.
Wash your hands with soap and water:After coughing or sneezing
When caring for others
Before, during and after you prepare food
After using the washroom/toilet
After handling animals or animal waste
When hands are dirty
Numerous surfaces are known to be contaminated with human viruses and may play a role in the spread of 2019-nCoV. The OptiSolve Pathfinder technology can identify areas of organic contamination in real time allowing facility management to reduce the risks of the virus.
OptiSolve can be used on most surfaces, but focus on high touch surfaces should include• Electronic devices and peripherals
• ATMs and payment machines
• Kiosks and ticket scanners
• Airplane trays and pockets
• Bathroom doorknobs and taps
• Pens and other writing materials
• Public transit seats and poles
• Handrails on stairwells
• Food preparation stations including microwaves
• Laundry hampers
Upon identification of a contaminated surface, disinfect immediately with an appropriate virucidal agent.
OptiSolve will continue to monitor the situation and provide updates accordingly.